Go Shooting A Lot

Post anything and everything related to guns here...
hangman
Acolyte

Go Shooting A Lot

Post#1 » Thu May 18, 2006 11:17 pm

I have been shooting a lot in the last few months. I find it very pleasurable. I've shot about 1000 rounds in the last month. The gun control crowd can kiss my skinny white confederate ass. Man, it's a blast. Find one in your area and shoot, shoot, shoot. My neighbor owns a full gun range. Pistol and Rifle are available and it costs $40 per year. We are .45 affectionados. Mine is a Combet Commander, which I think the world of.

This Colt is a great carry or nightstand pistol. Mine is a little different than an off the shelf model, but not much. We have shot more in the last few months than I've shot in my entire life. But, we love it.

Anyway, I wanted to brag a little. I never shot in a sanctioned competition before. I went trying not to embarrass myself with these professional shooters. It is a bowling pin shoot. 5 bowling pins are set up in the crosswise middle of a 3 X 6 table top, and from 25 feet your have to take all the pins off the table. Lay-downs are a bitch.

My first time out I won by taking them off in 8.98 seconds. Chip tells me that anything over 4.2 will not qualify for Nationals, so I'll stay closer to home. I'll work to get down as I can. Arm yourselves and learn how best to use your weapon of choice.

In the meantime, if you want to rob someone, my home may not be your best choice, but come on, I feel a need to rid the gene pool of undesirables.

The friendships you'll make by gathering a group of folks passionate about their rights will lead to friendships you never would have had, if you hadn't contacted your friends and neighbors before. I've been there and done that.

Know your environment. Understand your tactical responses to different situations. Boy Scout motto applies: Be Prepered.

hangman
Acolyte

Post#2 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:15 pm

Well, I want to brag a little here. Today, several old shooters had to go home and tell their families that they were beaten by a 12 year old, my nephew Bradley. He shot off 5 bowling pin tops in 9.11 seconds and didn't need but 8 rounds to do it. It's his first win in a competition, and he's a very fast learner. I think he'll be shooting my .45 Colt soon. He's a very slight built kid with an insatiable desire to compete with me and the other old farts.

hangman
Acolyte

Post#3 » Mon May 07, 2007 6:20 pm

I got a new toy Saturday. Chip Kunkle, a pistol smith in our club, built me a Colt M1991 A1 stainless .45. He ramped the barrel and put custom sites on it. The front site is the flourescent tubing that lets you get target acquisition very quickly. And he adjusted the trigger to 2 1/2 pounds of pull. He built it for me for $1400.00 and that's a bargain. Karen's been shooting with us the last rifle and pistol shoots. She's enjoying it even though she says she was forced to do it. Yeah right.

hangman
Acolyte

Post#4 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:12 pm

We went shooting Sunday and had a blast. My other brother Ken finally went with us. That new Colt .45 is so sweet. It's a little flashy, but that's ok. Karen shot it more than me. Guys, there are a lot of armed females out there and some of them are PMSing. Be careful. A retired school marm regularly wins one of our rifle shoots. Teach your girls to shoot and take them a lot. We are having a blast killing cardboard bad guys.