PRESIDENT SIGNS "MILITARY COMMISSIONS ACT OF 2006

Post news events of freedoms lost
pokerkid
Site Admin

PRESIDENT SIGNS "MILITARY COMMISSIONS ACT OF 2006

Post#1 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:26 am

TODAY, OCTOBER 17, 2006, IS THE DAY WHEN THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT LITERALLY KILLED LIBERTY IN AMERICA

PRESIDENT SIGNS "MILITARY COMMISSIONS ACT OF 2006"!

PEOPLE MAY NOW BE JAILED INDEFINITELY - WITHOUT BEING CHARGED OR PUT ON TRIAL

"The president can now — with the approval of Congress — indefinitely hold people without charge, take away protections against horrific abuse, put people on trial based on hearsay evidence, authorize trials that can sentence people to death based on testimony literally beaten out of witnesses and slam shut the courthouse door for habeas petitions. Nothing could be further from the American values we all hold in our hearts than the Military Commissions Act."

If politicians think this is good enough for we Americans, then I say we Americans should treat members of our Government the exact same way! I intend to do so.

Being jailed without charge or trial is one of the specific reasons our Founding Fathers overthrew the rule of King George III in 1776. In fact, that reason is mentioned in the Declaration of Independence! It is just as valid a reason today.

The Congress of the United States is embarked on the same road of tyranny as King George III pursued in 1776. Our forefathers overthrew King George even though he was the most powerful government on earth at the time. WE can do the same thing even though our government is the most powerful on earth today.

The single most important difference between King George III in 1776 and the U.S. Congress of today is that "Americans" couldn't get their hands on King George; he survived the American Revolution. I serously doubt the same could be said for members of the U.S. Congress if we have to get rid of this government.

AlterEgo
Patriot

Post#2 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:09 am

PRESIDENT SIGNS "MILITARY COMMISSIONS ACT OF 2006"!
PEOPLE MAY NOW BE JAILED INDEFINITELY - WITHOUT BEING CHARGED OR PUT ON TRIAL

"The president can now — with the approval of Congress — indefinitely hold people without charge, take away protections against horrific abuse, put people on trial based on hearsay evidence, authorize trials that can sentence people to death based on testimony literally beaten out of witnesses and slam shut the courthouse door for habeas petitions. Nothing could be further from the American values we all hold in our hearts than the Military Commissions Act."

If politicians think this is good enough for we Americans, then I say we Americans should treat members of our Government the exact same way! I intend to do so.

Being jailed without charge or trial is one of the specific reasons our Founding Fathers overthrew the rule of King George III in 1776. In fact, that reason is mentioned in the Declaration of Independence! It is just as valid a reason today.

The Congress of the United States is embarked on the same road of tyranny as King George III pursued in 1776. Our forefathers overthrew King George even though he was the most powerful government on earth at the time. WE can do the same thing even though our government is the most powerful on earth today.

The single most important difference between King George III in 1776 and the U.S. Congress of today is that "Americans" couldn't get their hands on King George; he survived the American Revolution. I serously doubt the same could be said for members of the U.S. Congress if we have to get rid of this government
PK, there is so much to this beyond the point of just being against the outline of the Constitution. The UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (Corp) is the problem. Past generations (FDR era) have allowed TPTB to hi-jack the government of "We The People". Boosh was correct in his statement, "It's just a g-d d-mn piece of paper". Under the Corp law and present day courts it (the Constitution) is not but a piece of historic paper. They are well aware of the fact, and they also are very aware that folks like us are aware of their hi-jack, so the law that is quoted above was needed for them to isolate the foreseen enemy.

Don't get me wrong I do not support, nor will I willingly give up my rights without a fight. They are NOT without weakness, and we need to take advantage of their huge power base that to me anyway, has many weaknesses.

This forum like others is needed to expose their crimes against humanity. But we also need to explore ways to "strike at the root" of their huge system. I personally am hopeful that it will fail. To many players to control, and to many patsies’ that have not a clue as to their real goals.

I have been intentionally vague here for the obvious reasons. Plus this is my first post. Glad to be here, and glad for this site. Very well done.

AE

pokerkid
Site Admin

i hear ya!

Post#3 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:32 am

You are correct. WE need to stirke at the root of evil that encompasses our PEER network of life (Politics, Education, Economic, Religion). It affects us completely, but it is not all lost yet.

Also providing solutions to real world problems so as to take a lot of the fear the people have with going in the right direction. The means of distribution and being capable of being entertained to death has created a COMFORTABLE society in which many just barely exist consciously.

WE like to come up with solutions... check out this part of the forum
http://pokerface.org/fx/viewforum.php?f ... f1d45554ec

and read the local solution and go from there. THere are a lot of great Americans that have solutions to most of our current problems.
peace
pk

http://pokerface.org/fx/viewforum.php?f ... f1d45554ec

AlterEgo
Patriot

Post#4 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:18 pm

The means of distribution and being capable of being entertained to death has created a COMFORTABLE society in which many just barely exist consciously.
Cross posted at the Cafe....

I just stumbled into this a few minutes ago. Cause of download speed I didn't go to the actual site. This is just more evidence of the mind controlling tactics being used by TPTB. Heck, they may not even be involved. But I doubt if they would disapprove. Anything to keep the minds of the 20-40 sheep occupied............"Interesting times we live in" Walrus 2034....

A First Look at Second Life

Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:14PM EDT
http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/devlin/4936

How's this for blurring the lines between virtual and real? A real Reuters reporter reports a real news story about Congress considering taxing real income earned on a virtual web site, where the reporter writes under a fake name as his real-life employer's (Reuters) new chief of a virtual news bureau.

Huh? Welcome to Second Life, the popular and growing parallel universe on the Internet. Maybe you've read something about Second Life and thought it's just another online game. It is definitely social, but if you define a game as something that's played, won, and finished, this isn't it.

The latest news is that Reuters did indeed open a news bureau in Linden, the virtual city on Second Life, called SL by its virtual residents, which number more than 900,000. London-based correspondent Adam Pasick writes as Adam Reuters on the site. Curious? Here's a look at Second Life, and how the popular virtual world is attracting real-world companies and entrepreneurs, which may be a sign of how business will be conducted on the web.

What is it and who is there?

Think Sim City, only bigger, with the limits set only by the imagination and creativy of those who enter SL. More than 900,000 users have signed up to build homes, neighborhoods, and businesses in the free 3D online world. Some build virtual businesses, making clothes for avatars, for example; others sell plots of land. Some real businesses are joining, too. Starwood Hotels has built a virtual version of a new hotel chain in SL that it plans to unveil in RL (real life) in 2008. Some companies are conducting training sessions and meetings in Second Life.

Real money for fake things that sometimes turn into real things:

Something else that sets Second Life apart from other online games is it allows "residents" to retain full ownership of virtual creations, which has fueled Linden's market economy.

Somewhere between $350,000 and $500,000 in real U.S. dollars is spent user-to-user on Second Life every day. Players buy and sell goods and services using "Linden Dollars," which can be converted to currency in real U.S. dollars. The IRS truly is interested in this, and Congressional economists are looking into how to tax digital assets accrued in games such as Second Life and World of Warcraft.

Sometimes, popular online commodities in Second Life make the leap to Real Life. Creators of popular games in SL have licensed their games to flesh-and-blood video game companies.

Expect to stay awhile:

Reading accounts of others who have jumped into this unique online world, I've figured out it's easy to spend many hours there, learning how to walk, jump, teleport, and fly—yes you fly in SL—and jumping disorientedly from one venue to another.

I have yet to create my avatar and fly around Linden. Fellow blogger Robin and I have talked about meeting in SL, though we're both wondering how we'll find time for a second life when our first ones are pretty darn full.

The Second Life site..--> http://secondlife.com/