Some cool study tools....

What Bible do you use? Ever hear of the Strongs Concordance the Bible dictionary, or How about the Greens Interlinear Bible... Who do you study with? What do you believe is heresy today that is taught as legitimate ie... RAPTURE etc...
Revelation2221
pokerhead

Some cool study tools....

Post#1 » Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:35 am

If If you own computer (and most of us do), I recommend the PC Study Bible by Bible Soft. I don’t know if they have a site but it’s available at http://www.discountchristian.com/biblesoft.html

My version includes the Bible in KJV, NKJV and NIV. It also includes study aides such as an exhaustive concordance, Nave’s Topical Study, Bible Dictionary, Strongs Greek/Hebrew Dictionary, Vine’s Expository Dictionary, as well as commentaries if you’re into those.

I have to admit, for all these great products, I don’t study nearly as often as I should, but it’s a great tool for digging in.

WallflowerGal
Acolyte

Bible study

Post#2 » Fri Feb 28, 2003 12:13 am

I read the KJ but really have nothing against the NASV or even some of the other Bibles, as long as it gets a person reading the WORD. A STRONGS is a must, get one ASAP, we use it often in our studies, more than any other "help" book. Remember though that all these "help" books have been written by men, and as such are not perfect, unlike the WORD.

Don't hop around the Bible when you read it. I highly suggest that you read the Bible daily and start at the beginning, you know Gen 1:1... Even if all you can read is one chapter a day, do it! You will end up with a great over all picture of what God is saying and not be as easily lead astray. I have read the Word a few times through, and let me tell ya, to this day I still find nuggets of gold! New insights into what God is telling me.

Don't trust someone just because they say they know the Bible or have a degree that says they do. Study it out for yourself, in the end, you will have to answer as to why you believe something and saying that "my preacher said so" most likely will not pass muster.

Have a blessed time studying the WORD, your life will be richer for it!

Blessings

Revelation2221
pokerhead

Post#3 » Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:48 am

Wall flower Gal,

Yes. Agreed....and the only version that could be construed as “ inerrant” would be the original Hebrew and Greek texts as they were originally “penned” by the inspired “authors”. Supposedly the original King James has the fewest errors (about 600), followed by the New King James, New American Standard, and so on. Caution must be used when studying though, which is what makes the Strong’s Concordance so valuable, as it typically comes with original Greek and Hebrew cross references.

I’m somewhat ashamed to admit that I haven’t spent nearly enough time studying as I should, and yes...I too have read over passages many times and found those different “nuggets of gold”.
Pretty cool, huh?

Also, I too believe that self study is the key, and degrees after ones name can be misleading. Consider the people of Berea:

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.
(KJV) Acts 17:11-12

Thanks for the info and feedback.

Revelation2221
pokerhead

Post#4 » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:12 am

An Integrated Message by Chuck Missler

The great discovery is that the Bible is a message system: it's not simply 66 books penned by 40 authors over thousands of years, the Bible is an integrated whole which bears evidence of supernatural engineering in every detail.

To read more of this interesting article go to:

http://www.khouse.org/articles/biblestu ... 01-44.html

WallflowerGal
Acolyte

Post#5 » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:38 pm

Hi,

I too don't spend nearly enough studying the LORD's Word. Sometimes all I can seem to do is the chapter a day. That is one thing I really do need to make more time for. I remember back to when I was still "new" into my faith and have a stroong desire to recapture that love and unquenchable thirst for the WORD, I still thirst, but lately it seems other things have been weighing on my time, and it bothers me! Maybe we can all encourage each other! :-)

We especially need to heed and rely on the Father's Word and wisdom during these troubled times. In Proverbs we are told that when we call upon the Lord's name we can find safety (Prov 18:10--my paraphrase of course! These aren't the only scriptures that say this mind you!!!!!! :-) ).

May the Lord bless you as you seek His face.

Revelation2221
pokerhead

Post#6 » Sat Mar 01, 2003 9:15 am

Amen......