UNPRECEDENTED BIBLICAL FIND: UNCOVERING KING DAVID'S PALACE

Topics should range on anything like Shroud of Turin, Noahs Ark, Ark of the Covenant, Exodus Red Sea crossing, locations of newly found digs, Dead Sea Scrolls etc...
pokerkid
Site Admin

Post#1 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:26 pm

Posted By: Ghostwolfemoon <Send E-Mail>
Date: Saturday, 25 March 2006, 2:24 p.m.

UNPRECEDENTED BIBLICAL FIND: UNCOVERING KING DAVIDS PALACE

Anyone who has ever studied these matters of Biblical Archaeology know many facts and kingdoms represented in the Bible, thought to have been fables have been proven true. One such kingdom, whose name I wish I could remember, that existed in the days of Abraham was found just as described in the Bible. There are many more such finds for those of you interested. All it takes is a wee bit of research.

This find, while not “certified” as of yet, brings up great possibilities. As to be expected the Palestinians not only scoff at the idea, but are dead set against which is to be expected from the descendents of Essau.

Should more/enough proper evidence be found to prove this is indeed the Palace of King David, these facts would resound throughout the Christian and Israeli world…maybe even the world of Islam as well.

Ghostwolfemoon

====================================================
A Jewish LIfe

Eilat Mazar: Uncovering King David's Palace

Eilat Mazar is not at her dig just south of Jerusalem’s Temple Mount, where she has been exhuming the massive stone walls of what she believes to be the 10th-century remains of King David’s palace. Instead the 49-year-old widowed mother of four is at her office at the Shalem Center, a conservative social policy think tank in Jerusalem’s German Colony. Her short blonde hair bobs up and down as talks about the palace, possibly the most stunning archaeological discovery in Israel in decades. “It’s a huge structure built on the most important place that controls everything around it,” she says with excitement. “It must have been an important structure. We need to reveal more of it.”

Her office is filled with the kinds of items you might expect: 3000-year-old pots from her excavations of the ancient Phoenician settlements of Achziv on the northern coast of Israel and treasures from the Mazar family’s archaeological “dynasty.” Books by her late grandfather, the highly respected archaeologist Benjamin Mazar, are displayed prominently, as is a five-volume work that her father published highlighting the connections between archaeological finds and biblical verses.

Alongside her laptop on a paper-strewn desk sits the most telling object: a heavily marked Bible. Like her grandfather and father before her, Mazar is a believer in the Bible’s historical reliability. “One of the many things I learned from my grandfather was how to relate to the biblical text,” she says. “Pore over it again and again, for it contains within it descriptions of genuine historical reality.” She adds, “I work with the Bible in one hand and the tools of excavation in the other. That’s what biblical archaeologists do. The Bible is the most important historical source and therefore deserves special attention.”

COMPLETE ARTICLE: http://www.momentmag.com/olam/Apr06/MOM ... mazar.html