NEW DISC PEACE OR WAR IS OUT 10/14/2009

Whazzup everyone.......
We will be posting Dennis' Gig update newsletters
PokerFaces weekly emails sent out to our list
and any other up to the minute news we have going on.
pokerkid
Site Admin

NEW DISC PEACE OR WAR IS OUT 10/14/2009

Post#1 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:56 am

New Disc Peace Or War is out.

Here is the first review by Victor Thorn for America Free Press
http://www.americanfreepress.net

REVIEW: Poker Face’s Peace or War

Paul Topete burns with a passion like few others I’ve ever encountered. Emboldened with conviction, his voice is strong, fearless, and unwavering. This same intensity is reflected in his band Poker Face, which has released its fifth album after a six-year hiatus.

At Peace or War: Songs for the Revolution opens with a tune entitled Survive that is reminiscent of an army going into battle. This cut is their ‘shock & awe’ as they hit the listener with a full arsenal of musicianship and unleashed determination.

Appropriately enough, Poker Face has had to endure an onslaught of derision, opposition, and outright hostility to survive the past few years. Due to an unwillingness to simply play ‘nice music’ and remain quiet like so many other generic bands, this quartet epitomizes what rock n’ roll is all about – rebellion against authority, and an outlaw stance that refuses to bow down in front of an altar of conformity.

In this case, the authority they’ve zeroed-in on is the New World Order, and what they refuse to accept is a status quo world of injustice that these perpetrators continually try to cram down our throats.

Emphasizing these views is some of the most incredible artwork ever compiled inside a CD. Highlighted by the 9-11 Evil graphics of L.A.’s Peter Currenti, the band also includes illustrations and talking points for WTC 7, the Pentagon strike, Waco, OKC, and how the Twin Towers actually fell via an inside job-controlled demolition.

Especially poignant is the concept of false flag terrorism, complete with the Mossad’s role in 9-11, Rabbi Dov Zakheim, Urban Moving Systems, and the Dancing Israeli’s. Unafraid to expose this sacred cow, Poker Face’s Great Seal proudly proclaims, “Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.”

While listening to this disc, such as the excellent opening riff to Fincen [a law enforcement agency of the Treasury Department responsible for establishing and implementing policies to detect money laundering], I couldn’t help but recall what these guys have been through over the past few years. In 2006, they were prohibited from playing an engagement at Rutgers University because of the band’s political views. No doubt, the impetus for this decision arose from elements within the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), who specifically targeted Topete on their website as a “virulent anti-Semite.”

They’ve also lost gigs at other political rallies because Zionist infiltrators have labeled them an “anti-government, anti-immigrant, conspiracy-promoting rock band.” But nothing has halted Poker Face’s mission, which they clearly explain in the liner notes. “Because very few have the strength to understand the all out assault by anti-American groups like the ADL, SPLC, the SWC [Simon Wiesenthal Center], and their 100s of other paid agit-prop pond scum groups, Poker Face takes it upon themselves to share the truth.”

Although the band pursues their anti-Federalist goals with an unabashed zeal, Topete reminds us in his music, “Every revolution needs its minstrels to sing about the sorrows and joys of each day.” One fitting example is Wanna Get High which is reminiscent of Bad Company’s soaring, melodic sound of the mid-1970s. Using an eagle’s perspective as it glides through the sky, this number glorifies the American grandeur and beauty of the Rockies, Great Plains, Grand Canyon, and shorelines. Conversely, Area 51 tackles the subject of extraterrestrials, biblical Nephilim, and the government’s top-secret Nevada military installation. On a more somber note, Just an Excuse relays a very personal situation that, although clearly distinct, is also universal to each of us.

The path leading to this destination hasn’t been easy for Topete & crew; and in all honesty, they could have made it easier for themselves by playing it safe. But to their credit, Poker Face doesn’t shy away from controversy. Their music rings forth like a beacon, while their vision leads us into a future filled with uncertainty and turmoil. Without compromise, they lay it on the line for their art, and because of that I still have a reason to believe in freedom and the human spirit. Or, as H.L. Mencken wrote, “It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty – and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies.”

hangman
Acolyte

Post#2 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:02 am

Very nice review for you guys. I'll take my usual 5, if you're ready to ship them. Do you still have my address?

pokerkid
Site Admin

Please send me it again hangman

Post#3 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:33 am

Please send me it again hangman
email me at paul@pokerface.com
same price as MADE IN AMERICA
thanks
p

hangman
Acolyte

Post#4 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:16 am

Very good. Karen and I listened to the first 7 songs last night and I have a question. Who's playing the horns?

pokerkid
Site Admin

JOTOWN HORNS

Post#5 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:24 pm

Jo Town Horns
erry Townsend
and Robby Jordan

one of our fans in Seattle, WA has a son who takes lessons from Robby. He set it up for us.

txz045
Patriot

Post#6 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:17 am

Looking forward to my opportunity to hear the full meal deal soon.