How are the Browns?

Whazzup everyone.......
We will be posting Dennis' Gig update newsletters
PokerFaces weekly emails sent out to our list
and any other up to the minute news we have going on.
hangman
Acolyte

How are the Browns?

Post#1 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:41 pm

Tell me about your visit with the Browns and your take on the situation.

PokerBass
Acolyte

Debriefing

Post#2 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:36 am

The Browns are doing well. They were extremely gracious hosts. I didn't personally have a chance to chat with them much, but, they certainly seemed to be in high spirits. How can you not with the outpouring of support they had.

The Chief of Police played the part of scare monger by calling the concert an "unlawful" event which is kind of ironic since Ed & Elaine are only asking to be shown "the law." There were threats of arrest for anyone attempting to "aid and abet" these "fugitives." I don't think anyone paid any attention to the lackluster claims of Plainfield's highest ranking officer.

The Browns were concerned about the officers who were assigned to patrol the back country road. I believe the Chief was one of those with the mission of sitting in his car all day while nothing of particular interest required any LEO to leap into action. I can only imagine that it was a bit warm sitting in that cruiser with the windows rolled down while in full uniform. So, it was nice to hear the report over the PA that Elaine had sent a care package to the officers. Apparently, they weren't too concerned about sabotage from us "rebels" since they whoofed the chow down.

If you've read other reviews and reports on the day, you'll already know that this was basically your typical backyard BBQ bash.

Well, except for the fact that the whole thing was broadcast over the internet ... and some of the bigger names in the truth/freedom/patriot media came together from their separate stations to support the event ... and there was that Homeland Security chopper that was buzzing the crowd all day ... and I guess you don't have Randy Weaver join you for breakfast at Denny's everyday while having some intense theological discussions before the first cup of joe is poured and then picking up the tab for the whole band.

Other than that, it was a good down home party. Lots of familiar faces and new friends alike.

I can't help but wonder about the Chief, though. Even as the sun was going down, and the temperature was cooling off, I can only imagine that the steam under his collar kept rising as he sat there, quietly pondering how he, the Chief, had absolutely no control over the situation. The people were ignoring (in my best Cartman voice) "his authority" while a rogue group of Feds were overstepping his jurisdictional control. Here was a most pleasant couple who he publicly defamed and refused potential EMS services. They did not lash out at him. Their guests did not rape and pillage the neighbors. And, they filled his belly with some mighty fine home cooked chow.

That's that for now. Will post more as the mood and memories strike me.

Also, keep an eye on upcoming issues of American Free Press for a first hand account of the day's event.

d

hangman
Acolyte

Post#3 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:13 pm

Thanks Dennis. I hope it doesn't end badly but I can't imagine the evil ones backing down. That would set a precedence that doesn't fit their agenda. Keep us posted, will ya?

PokerBass
Acolyte

I know your concern

Post#4 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:01 am

I know how you feel. I get that knot in my stomach whenever I think about how this will ultimately be resolved.

The thing that kills me is that the feds don't have a leg to stand on after the Clymer ruling the day before the concert. The spooks dropped all charges except two before experiencing total defeat as he was cleared of the "willful failure to file" charge and one other count that I can't cite off the top of my head.