IBOGAINE - The TOOL to fight Addiction of all kinds

We can come together here to share ideas on how we can make this idea work, where a local community on a county level produces most if not ALL of their basic needs. You can choose to do it alone, with your family or make it work for your community. We need to change our raw materials from dead-hydrocarbon sources to a living-carbohydrate sources (HEMP). You will be amazed to see how many thousands of everyday used products are made from this bountiful raw material resource.....
pokerkid
Site Admin

IBOGAINE - The TOOL to fight Addiction of all kinds

Post#1 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:19 pm

****!!! IBOGAINE TREATMENT NOW EURO 2000 IN HOLLAND--CALL SARA, 0113134-624-1770 !!!****

Subject: Abstract-Ibogaine

ABSTRACT : Ibogaine vs Methamphetamines

Ibogaine is an indole alkaloid found mainly in the plant Tabernanthe Iboga
which grows in West Africa, mostly in Gabon. This alkaloid is currently
used in (mostly) informal/underground treatment settings all around the
world, mainly as a detox tool for addiction to hard drugs. The reason is
that Ibogaine has not been tested in clinical trials and therefore an
ibogaine-based medication doesn`t currently exist. On the other hand,
ibogaine`s effects are very well known - a lot of pre-clinical studies
have been carried out, dozens of scientific papers published and ibogaine
treatments are performed on humans regularly.
Ibogaine is known to be a very effective tool in the reduction of
withdrawals from opiates and reduction of cravings toward the majority of
the abused drugs. Paradoxally, Ibogaine is a scheduled substance in the
USA, Sweden,Switzerland, Belgium, Denmark, France and Australia. In the
rest of the world in not illegal to possess but of course, as it`s not a
registered medication, physicians are not alowed to use it. In Europe
there are several treatment providers delivering treatments. In the
Americas there are several Ibogaine clinics operating -in Canada the Iboga
Therapy House, in Mexico the Ibogaine Association and other clinics.

In my lecture I present not just my own observations in the treatment of
addiction to methamphetamines, but also the collective experience of other
treatment providers and the above mentioned clinics.

FORMAT : Report on research in progress

BIO : I`m a full time Ibogaine treatment provider (listed on
www.ibogaine.co.uk). Since the year 2000 I delivered approx. 200
treatments both in clinical and non-clinical settings for a variety of
indications. Appeared twice on local czech TV stations and once on the
Swedish Channel 4.
I`m based in Prague, Czech Republic.

Patrick Venulejo
www.ibogainetreatment.net
www.ibogain.se

Subject: [Ibogaine] 5 weeks of freedom ;-] some observations on cravings

Going on 5 weeks ;-]
Some observations i ve noticed when it comes to cravings ;-]
1. objectively observe them realizing they will come and go and eventualy vanish all
together
2. never ever dwell on them. once you start asking your self should i or shouldnt i
"just this one time' means you are going in the wrong direction..quickly switch to
differnt thoughts which will generate different feelings... its a funny game ;-] then
take the satisfaction of having the will power to have said no!!
3. dont delude your self that if everything is so good heroin will make it better ;-] BIG
DELUSION!1
I HAD THAT ON SATURADAY. I was thinking wow im doing so good why not this one time it
cant do me any harm ;-] THERE IS NO ONE TIME!! ;-]
4. reward your self for not using!! this is big for me!!
i went and spent my cash on organic fruits and vegies which will nourish my sould and
body intead of destorying it ;-]

thats that ;-] prety easy and simple proces if you just let it be ;-] trust that each
passing day will get better and better ;-]

just like today i had major major fuck ups!! I mean huge!! But thre is no way!! It wont
solve anything only add more problems..I learned my lessons ;-]

Subject: Re: [Ibogaine] 5 weeks of freedom ; -] some observations on cravings

Very well done, Matt. I wish you the best in your continued recovery. In my
understanding, the physical component of your recovery should be complete, by now,
although your bodily health may need continued improvement, as many people who use drugs
let their general health decline (and so do many of the rest of us) through bad nutrition
and lack of exercise. I hope you continue to eat well, and are engaging in some form of
exercise. It's amazingly therapeutic JUST TO GO FOR A LONG WALK. Changes your whole
attitude, and gets you out of the house or office or whatever.

I can't emphasize enough the importance of getting in to see a psychologist or
psychiatrist for a check to see if you have developed complex PTSD as s result of the
trauma that addiction IS to the body and the mind. If so, I strongly recommend Cognitive
Therapy, or some alternative routes like Traumatic Incident Reduction, which specializes
in handling both symptoms and causes of PTSD, depression and anxiety. Some people have
success with EMDR, as well, but my vote is for TIR (traumatic incident reduction).
You've done amazingly well on your own, and obviously have a positive attitude. I hope
you are surrounding yourself with people who aren't users, and who love you and have no
reason or likelihood of sabotaging your recovery. Please have a look at www.tir.org!
I'm a combat vet, and it really changed my life. I no longer think of myself as a
"survivor": others might, and that's up to them. Instead, I think of myself as what I
am: a human being, working his way through this life. Some people feel like hanging a
label on yourself helps in some way. "I'm a recovering addict", or "I'm an Alcoholic",
etc. Those things are great, if they are DIAGNOSTIC TOOLS, but if you hang yourself with
those labels when you are no longer being that thing, I think it keeps you in a box that
prevents you from just being a well and happy human being like we all can be, when the
traumas life throws at us are over, and we are just living again. People who are haunted
by their experiences, and continue to hang these labels on themselves are self-limiting,
and would do well to get over it, which CAN be done. I've been a vet suffering from
combat fatigue (simple PTSD), and I got over it. I've been an addict during a long
hospitalization, and I got over it. You can too. Anybody can. It's a matter of not
surrounding yourself with people who hang you with labels, and who love and accept you as
a human being, and as Matt, and as whatever else you define yourself as.

You sound free to me. I'm glad you got through it, and I wish you the best.

Kevin G. Brady
(415) 341-0022 (H)
(415) 632-0198 (C)
gomorrhan@hotmail.com
www.myspace.com/clear_objectives

Subject: [Ibogaine] ibogaine underground & iboga root vs. hcl

Hi,

I asked this question the other day but I never saw it hit the list.

Im in the US, and im researching ibogaine for a friend. We've located someone that would
send us the ibogaine itself plus help out remotely (skype access in case of probs etc).
But, he said he'd still feel better if there was someone experienced present. Even buying
just the ibogaine they'd have to budget for months. 5K for treament would take years. Ive
heard a little about the ibogaine underground, who is supposedly in NY. My freind is in
Boston, so he was curious what they were all about. The webpage is dead. Anyone have any
info they could share?

Also, I was hoping someone could clear this up for us. As I understand it, HCl is the
ibogaine extract, and some take the iboga root itself. Some non US websites like this:
http://www.maya-ethnobotanicals.com/pro ... e/viewby_I
http://www.ethnogarden.com/cart/index.p ... proid_162/
have the root bark for considerably cheaper than the $1000 a dose ive read about it. Im
pretty sure the 1K per dose was for HCl which is supposedly a bit milder on the system
(again, just from what ive read, I could be misinformed) but is that the only difference?
Is rootbark really that much cheaper? I think im missing something here.

Thanks!

Subject: [Ibogaine] Health official investigates BC drug treatment clinic founded by pot
activist

http://canadianpress.google.com/article ... 3zwEe67fTQ

Health official investigates BC drug treatment clinic founded by pot activist

10 hours ago

SECHELT, B.C. - A drug treatment clinic founded by British Columbia's self-proclaimed
"prince of pot" is under investigation by the local health authority.

The Iboga Therapy House charges $5,000 a day for five days of treatment with a
"psychoactive plant alkaloid" derived from the root of the Iboga plant, native to West
Africa.

Pot activist Marc Emery said he invested $250,000 to set up the treatment clinic about
six years ago.

He said the drug, Ibogaine, stops drug cravings and withdrawal immediately.
"And it also gives these fantastic visions and sensations about their childhood and about
the destructive path they're on," said Emery.

He said patients taking the drug "process these images in the days afterwards and they
come, hopefully, to some profound conclusions about how to change their behaviour."

But Dr. Paul Martiquet, a medical health officer for Vancouver Coastal Health on the
Sunshine Coast, said the clinic is not funded or licensed.
He said health inspectors would like to ensure the clinic meets appropriate standards -
but they don't know where it's located.

"We don't know the location and they have not provided it to Vancouver Coastal Health,"
he said.

Martiquet said clinic program director, Sandra Karpetas, a former assistant to Emery, has
assured officials the clinic is not operating right now and, if it were, it would only
treat one patient at a time.

"So far, our information is it is not presently operating and if it were, it would only
see one client at a time," Martiquet said.

Martiquet cautioned prospective patients to check out the treatment thoroughly before
taking the substance.

Emery said he is no longer involved in the clinic but that he treated approximately 65
patients from 2002 to 2004.

He said he stopped his involvement four years ago "because I couldn't afford to pay for
it all any more because, well, in fact, I started getting busted around that period of
time so I didn't have the same amount of money to pour into it like I at one time did."

Emery maintains that Ibogaine is not illegal in Canada.

Rather, it is not a drug approved for therapeutic use by Health Canada, and therefore
can't be administered by health professionals. The clinic has no doctors or nurses on
staff.

"For ordinary people, Iboga is not illegal but for a doctor it's not approved yet, so
they can't work with it.

That's why we don't have doctors or nurses working with us, because they're not
authorized to do so," said Emery, who said he doesn't believe the scrutiny is related to
his involvement.

Emery said he has not taken Ibogaine himself and has never seen anyone take it
recreationally.

"It's too scary," he said.

He welcomed an inspection from the medical health officer.

Subject: Re: [Ibogaine] Health official investigates BC drug treatment clinic founded by
pot activist

That should read $5,000 for 5 days. Its an egregious error though.

$5,000 is getting up there, I suggest $3,000 for 4 days is possible. Iboga Therapy House
though really hasn't done too many patients. Its only practical if you book 5 patients a
month consistently, and there s a huge demand. I wish ITH would get more into making its
service more mainstream and accessible. Its gotten very bureaucratic under their MAPS
patronage.

Marc Emery

Subject: Re: [Ibogaine] Health official investigates BC drug treatment clinic founded by
pot activist

"Too scary" makes it sound like a bad acid trip. On ibo, all you have to do if you don't
like something is blink yr eyes, and the vision changes.

I prefer "fairly unpleasant" because I don't like the ataxia (equivalent to sleep
paralysis) which makes you prone to get nauseous and puke if you move yr head. That's
"car sickness" -- which is a bit aversive, but not terrifying by any stretch of the
imagination.

Of course, all I ever took was a gram of Indra.

Dana/cnw

pot activist

I agree. "Too scary" doesn't really apply for me, either. I actually feel that Ibogaine
is the most 'user friendly' drug experience I've ever had.
About a month ago, I posted a warning about the US/UN getting all red-necked on Canada
about their various harm reduction policies and programs, and suggested that our friends
up there would probably not be spared.
I'd rather not see everyone get scattered by the details and choice of words and figure
out how to get into the fight covering each other's backs. It really does pay off in the
long run. We all have our opinions, but we, of all people, should be over on the old
'divide and conquer' tactic (read "NARC") by now.
PF

pot activist

if someone has never done -any- psychedelics, or any inner work, or any
drugs at all, then to start off with ibogaine is a bad mistake, I think.
I heard about a 19yr old girl who went to Mexico to take ibo to quit
smoking (of all things!). In her presentation to a group in LA interested
in such "things", she said it was the absolute worst possible experience of
her life and she's never doing any drugs again....

ibo is horribly variable, I think, based on my conversations with Sara, and
you can't really predict what sort of trip someone might have - i.e. the
general outlines of acid and LSD are roughly the same for anyone (except
people with real mental issues), but ibo sounds way too tricky - certainly
for the average sheeple out there. the physical aspects certainly are
horrible, and i suppose most people would get fixated on that if they have
never had any experience with an altered state

but I prefer ibo to ayahuasca... :)

doug

pot activist

If you are trying to kick narcotics, ibogaine is the place to start. No ifs, ands or
buts. Just has to be done right.

Howard

pot activist

"under their MAPS patronage" what does that mean? I was hoping to have treatment there in
July, and the web site says $4500-$4700; which is what I was planning on paying, but
$3000 I could have it done next month.

Subject: [Ibogaine] Coastal clinic faces probe for providing hallucinogenic drug

More of the same, really long, ranting filled comments section at end of story, which is
mostly negative except for the iboga therapy house staff's comments:

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/story ... 68&k=39964

Coastal clinic faces probe for providing hallucinogenic drug
Addicts given hallucinogenic detox derived from African plant

Matthew Ramsey
The Province

Monday, April 21, 2008

CREDIT:
Sandra Karpetas, program director at Iboga Therapy House.
Health officials plan to inspect a Sunshine Coast clinic that provides doses of a
powerful psychoactive hallucinogenic as a drug-detoxification treatment.

The Iboga Therapy House administers ibogaine, an African shrub-root alkaloid extract
illegal in the U.S., but not yet in Canada.

Ibogaine causes what Iboga House program director Sandra Karpetas describes as "a lucid
waking dream state" that induces a mental process she compares to "defragging"
(defragmenting) a computer hard drive.

One ibogaine user, quoted in a 2002 Journal of the American Medical Association article,
described the experience as "like dying and going to hell 1,000 times."

The drug's effects last anywhere from 24 to 36 hours, says Karpetas, and have three
distinct phases.

In the first, four-to-six-hour stage, the client loses all muscle control, vomits often
and experiences "rapid and chaotic visual imagery."

In the second phase, eight to 14 hours long, hallucinations become distinctly more
personal.

Finally, dosed clients enter a period of "residual stimulation," in which they are
typically exhausted but mobile and unable to sleep.

An ibogaine dose opens clients' minds to the realities of their addictions, and the
residual effects of the drug leaves them enthusiastic about making life changes with
little or no drug cravings to contend with for several weeks or months, says Karpetas, 32.

$4,900 for five days

"It's going to give [clients] insight, hopefully, but it's not a cure. Ibogaine is a
tool, but a person really has to be prepared to do the inner work."

A five-day detox session at Iboga House costs about $4,900. The ibogaine is imported from
Slovenia and Germany. Iboga House has treated 57 clients since March 2006.

Before that, the facility was run and funded by Vancouver pot crusader Marc Emery, who
offered the treatments for free.

Karpetas, Emery's former assistant, took over in 2004 and established it as a non-profit
society in 2005. Clients are treated one at a time, which means the clinic does not need
to be licensed, Karpetas says.

That may be the case, says Gavin Wilson of the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority, but
inspectors plan to visit the facility, anyway. He admits officials were not aware of the
clinic's existence until they were contacted by The Province.

"They will check it out to see if they need to be licensed. We will be looking into it,"
says Wilson.

The clinic is not registered or funded by the province.

A second ibogaine operation, iVeada, run by former Iboga House client Sheldon Pelletier
in Vernon, also is not registered or licensed.

The health authority's main concern is that qualified medical personnel are present when
ibogaine is administered, says Wilson.

Medical needs met, clinic says

Karpetas says Iboga House has a registered nurse on staff, a substance-abuse counsellor
and two emergency medical technicians.

Because ibogaine can cause heart and liver problems, all clients are required to have
heart and liver tests prior to dosing, and those tests are screened by a doctor.

iVeada, now in its second year, employs three registered nurses, screens medical tests,
has "sitters" to watch over clients and a makeshift ambulance, says Pelletier.

Despite the precautions, Wilson says the health authority is skeptical.

"All we can do is raise awareness and caution people about using these types of
substances. We believe additional research is required, and certainly Health Canada
approval, before we would consider using ibogaine."

Five clients studied

U.S.-based MAPS (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies) is currently
studying outcomes for five Iboga House clients who had opiate addictions. A former Iboga
Therapy Society director is handling the research.

Karpetas admits the sample set of five is not overly representative.

"It would benefit the ibogaine movement to have a bigger study, better data. Still, it's
a start," she says.

University of Miami neurology professor Dr. Deborah Mash began FDA-approved safety
studies in 1993 after Howard Lotsof published a review of the research into ibogaine. The
FDA stopped the trial after a woman not involved in the study died of an overdose in 1994.

Mash is now embroiled in court proceedings with Lotsof. She argues that Lotsof's patents
on using ibogaine to treat cocaine and opiate addiction should be quashed because Lotsof
is not a scientist.

Mash has also filed patents on the metabolite noribogaine, which she says is the chemical
key to users' feelings of calm after an ibogaine trip.

No real trials, anywhere

"Here I am 13 years later and, God help us, we still don't have any funding," Mash says.
"There's never been efficacy trials done anywhere in the world."

Because addicts generally live with complex physical and often mental issues underneath
their addictions, a dose of ibogaine without qualified medical experts present could
prove disastrous, Mash says.

She fears the potential of ibogaine is being sidelined by a medical establishment lacking
the will to properly investigate it, and resistance from an "ibogaine underground" that
is making money by offering the drug as a miracle cure.

"Somewhere between true belief and a chance to make a quick buck are individuals who can
come to harm," Mash says. Mash is now researching ibogaine at a treatment centre in the
Caribbean.

mramsey@png.canwest.com

What do you think?

E-mail provletters@png.canwest.com or fax 604-605-2223. Please include your name and
address.

pot activist

Pot activist Marc Emery said he invested $250,000 to set up the
treatment clinic about six years ago.
Is too much expensive, this means only VIP and Billionaire people caught get this treatment???
Why the farmaceutic hungrys industries are not interesting in this mega-billionaire
business???
I feel confuse
Thanks peace love and OM SHANTI
Lulù Ortega

pot activist

The treatments were free. The money came from his seed business. Very civic-minded.

Dana/cnw

Subject: Re: [Ibogaine] Health official investigates BC drug treatmentclinic founded by
pot activist

Dear Dana: Thanks for clarify me, now I understanding, that this amounts was for set up
the Hoapital's building. I'm missunderstanting. now is clear, thanks a lot.
Keeping in peace
Lulù From: hslotsof@phantom.com
pot activist

If you build a hospital or have to cover rent of buildings costs can run very high into
the tens of millions. I don't know what the $250,000 would cover.

Without private or social medicine insurance hundreds of thousands would die in the
street. If ibogaine were an approved drug it would be available to anyone who needed it,
just like methadone or treatment for any condition. When we were working in the
Netherlands in the 1990s, all of the treatments for Dutch people were free, paid for by
fees charged to Americans and other Europeans. There are snme ccliniccs for wealthy
people that charge $75,000 or more for thirty days.

Today, as always, in the users treatments groups many treatments cost a few hundred
dollars and some a few thousand dollars depending on ability to pay and some are just
given for free because the uses have nothing they can pay.

Right now in ibogaine the rich pay for the poor but, no one is getting rich giving
ibogaine therapy. No one has ever gotten rich from ibogaine.

Howard

Subject: Re: [Ibogaine] Health official investigates BC drug treatmentclinic founded by
pot activist

Hello Howard:
I was misunderstanding, I was thinking that he paid $250.000 for 6 days
treatment, and is very good the way they find for helping the people who
don't have nothing, I can imaging that is so hard for people live in bad
social-economic situations, and in this way they find the real assistance
for the health, because is terrible for people who live in wealthy country
but not have public free medical assistance.
Now is so clear and I feel so deep respect for the whole persons with big
heart and love courage.
thanks to everybody, peace and OM SHANTI
Lulù ortega

Subject: Re: [Ibogaine] Health official investigates BC drug treatment

Hi Everyone,

You might all be wondering what the story is, well, it's a long one and
I'm currently drafting up a press release with our lawyer so that we can
respond efficiently to this press-induced hype. I'll send it to the list
as well when it gets sent out so that no one here is kept in the dark...

In the meantime however, I am pleased to report that today we were
inspected by Vancouver Coastal Health's Chief Licensing Officer for the
Sunshine Coast and she saw no reason why we need have applied for a
license through the Community Care and Assisted Living Act. So
essentially, the ITH is in the clear on this front.

She took a look through the facility, checked our emergency medical
equipment, the prescription for the AED (defibrillator), saw our fire
safety equipment including the fire escape ladder in the therapy room
and the emergency lighting system, looked over the information that we
collect (a file example, not actual data) checked that our files were
indeed kept locked, that the ibogaine was kept in a safe, that we had
established emergency protocols with the local hospital, the Poison
Control Center and paramedics, wrote down a list of staff (job titles
and duties), said our place was lovely and also said that should we ever
decide to offer therapy to 3 persons or more that she would assist us in
the process of applying for a license.

I gave her a stack of information to take with her to her colleagues
(such as the Chief Medical Officer for the Sunshine Coast) including
literature reviews, the manual for ibogaine therapy, a chronology of
selected abstracts, the MAPS ethically-approved study protocol,
information from Dr. Kamlet about safety considerations, letters of
support for our program, a copy of our staff's comments on the article
in the Province newspaper, our brochures, our take home folder, a flyer
for the Ibogaine: Rite of Passage documentary and other things.
Hopefully the people at VCH will peruse this information and find it
both educational and interesting. And on another note: Marc, you haven't inquired about
how things are
going for a long time, often ignore me when we are in close proximity
and haven't responded to my email, why are you so keen to talk about the
ITH to the press? You're a bit out of the loop... please, please stop
trying to represent us. I completely honor what you have facilitated in
the past, but what we are doing now is a different story and you'll get
the story soon enough bro. Saying that we don't have a nurse is damaging
to us. We are trying to effectively legitimize not only our program but
ibogaine therapy in Canada, a lot of good hard work has gone into that
and it seems we are indeed getting somewhere... This all being said; I
hope you're well, you are loved and I'm sending you hugs.

Cheers,

Sandra Karpetas

www.ibogatherapyhouse.net