A good resource page to keep on hand. Go to the site to click on the active links..... Enjoy.
Online Emergency Medicine Textbooks
* Aviation Medicine
* Disaster Medicine
* Ear, Nose Throat
* Emergency Medicine
* Family Practice
* Infectious Diseases
* Laboratory / Tests
* Med Student
* Mental Health
On-Line Emergency Medicine Library
Free on-line emergency medicine textbooks for physicians, nurses, EMS providers and other health care professionals. More than 100 on-line electronic textbooks in the field of Emergency Medicine, and growing. Topics include adult and pediatric emergencies, advanced cardiac life support, trauma medicine, EMS and pre-hospital care, orthopedic emergencies, disaster medicine, toxicology and more.
Emergency Medicine Textbooks
A - C
* A Simple Guide to Trauma - Full Text Online
* Abdominal Trauma - Department of Surgery, University of Iowa
* Abdominal Trauma - Multimedia Textbooks from the Virtual Hospital
* Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Handbook - Royal Adelaide Hospital Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care
* Arizona Emergency Medical Systems, Red Book - Standards for Prehospital Treatment and Triage
* Basic Emergency Lifesaving Skills (BELS): A Framework for Teaching Emergency Lifesaving Skills to Children and Adolescents - This publication provides a developmental approach for teaching essential interventions known to stabilize an injured or ill person's health condition until the arrival of an adult, EMS professional, or other responsible person to the student population. Basic emergency lifesaving skills are introduced, acquired, and reinforced according to students' ages and developmental levels. [PDF]
* Basic Medical Training Manual: Hospital Corpsman - Covers anatomy and physiology; fundamentals of patient care; first aid equipment, supplies, rescue, and transportation; emergency medical care procedures; poisoning; drug abuse, and hazardous material exposure; pharmacy and toxicology; clinical laboratory; medical aspects of chemical, biological, and radiological warfare; diet and nutrition; emergency dental care; preventive medicine; physical examinations; health records; supply; administration; healthcare administration; and decedent affairs.
* Basics of CPR and Life Support: Chapter 13 - Third Edition of The Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons Complete Home Medical Guide [PDF 19pp. 126Kb]
* California Poison Control System Answer Book - Commonly asked questions about poisonings and prevention. It contains valuable advice about many of the common poisonous situations faced by the residents of California. [PDF 55pp 638Kb]
* Common Eye Emergencies - New England Eye Center
* Common First-Aid Procedures: Chapter 14 - Third Edition of The Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons Complete Home Medical Guide [PDF 26pp. 216Kb]
* Common Simple Emergencies - Reference for all kinds of simple everyday emergencies that come into the ED.
* Complete Home Medical Guide - Third Edition of The Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
* CSL Antivenom Handbook - The Web version of the Australian CSL Antivenom Handbook. This book, designed for doctors, gives information on indications and use for all CSL Ltd antivenoms. It was published in 1996 and revised in late 2001.
* CSL Antivenom Handbook: First Aid for Bites and Stings - Medical treatments, suggested laboratory tests for snakebite patients, and antivenoms. First aid for snakebites, arthropod bites & stings, marine bites & stings, and spider bites.
D - E
* Dermatology Atlas Online - Contains more than 3000 images of 600 dermatological diagnoses arranged alphabetically. Offers a query interface for advanced image selection by different criteria, including localization, morphological features, age and gender. Includes differential diagnoses.
* Diagnosis and Management of Unstable Angina - The guidelines adopt an evidence based approach to best practice. They are targeted towards all health care practitioners engaged in the care of people with unstable angina. These include cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, cardiac care nurses, clinicians and nurses working emergency medicine, and general practitioners and others involved in the continuing care of patients with unstable angina. [PDF 248p 1.29MB]
* Electronic Textbook of Dermatology - The Internet Dermatology Society offers information on a large number of common dermatological problems
* eMedicine.com - ER Medicine Online Text - An on-line medical reference. Consists of 62, full-length online specialty textbooks, with CME questions in each chapter. CME credit available to physicians, the largest repository of online CME units ever assembled. Links to related and partner sites give rapid access to a wide range of additional content.
* Emergencia! - Emergency Translation Manual - Lisa Maitland de Hernandez; Delmar Learning [PDF 135Kb]
* Emergency Care Virtual Branch library: The National Electronic Library for Health - Emergency Care branch. The government's Information for Health strategy announced the creation of a National electronic Library for Health (NeLH). The aims of the NeLH are to provide easy access to best current knowledge, to improve health and healthcare, clinical practice and patient choice.
* Emergency Dysrhythmias and ECG Injury Patterns - Kevin R. Brown; Delmar Learning. Online Chapter: Dysrhythmia Assessment and Management Scenarios [PDF 34pp. 153Kb]
* Emergency Medical Services for Children - For those already deeply involved in EMS efforts, this volume is a convenient, up-to-date, and comprehensive source of information and ideas. More importantly, for anyone interested in improving the emergency services available to children--emergency care professionals from emergency medical technicians to nurses to physicians, hospital and EMS administrators, public officials, health educators, children's advocacy groups, concerned parents and other responsible adults - this timely volume provides a realistic plan for action to link EMS-C system components into a workable structure that will better serve all of the nation's children. Jane S. Durch and Kathleen N. Lohr [1993, 416pp.]
* Emergency Medicine - Dr. D. Cass, Dr I. Dubinsky and Dr. M. Thompson
* Emergency Medicine - University of Iowa Family Practice Handbook, 4th edition. Sample Chapters:
Emergency Medicine Procedures
1. Central Venous Lines
2. Chest Tube Placement
3. Intraosseous Infusion
4. Nasal foreign-body removal
5. Regional Blocks
* Emergency Medicine Student Manual 2000 - This manual is a guide to the subjects in Emergency Medicine that the faculty considers appropriate to learn in a one-month experience. Used correctly, it will be an active and effective contributor to your educational process and assist your ability to learn from our problem solving approach. Compiled by Kevin P. Kilgore, MD, FACEP, Regions Hospital Emergency Center.
* Emergency Psychiatric Service Handbook - University of Iowa College of Medicine
* Emergency Response Guidebook - The Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG2000) was developed jointly by the US Department of Transportation, Transport Canada, and the Secretariat of Communications and Transportation of Mexico (SCT) for use by firefighters, police, and other emergency services personnel who may be the first to arrive at the scene of a transportation incident involving a hazardous material. It is primarily a guide to aid first responders in (1) quickly identifying the specific or generic classification of the material (s) involved in the incident, and (2) protecting themselves and the general public during this initial response phase of the incident.
* Emergency Ultrasound Guidelines - American College of Emergency Physicians [PDF 45pp. 78Kb]
* Emergency War Surgery Handbook NATO - This is a handbook of war surgery. Its lessons have been learned and then taught by combat surgeons "young men who must have good hands, a stout heart and not too much philosophy; he is called upon for decision rather than discussion, for action rather than a knowledge of what the best writers think should be done". United States Department of Defense, Second United States Revision.
F - L
* First Aid - Field Manual 4-25.11, Department of the Army [PDF 2,398KB] - HTML Version
* First Aid Anatomy - Virtual Naval Hospital
* First Aid for Soldiers: FM 21-11 - Virtual Naval Hospital
* Fluid Resuscitation - State of the Science for Treating Combat Casualties and Civilian Injuries (1999, 208 pp.) Committee on Fluid Resuscitation for Combat Casualties, Institute of Medicine
* Fundamentals of Emergency Care - Richard Beebe, Deborah Funk; Delmar Learning. Online Chapter: Cardiac Arrest, Chapter 25 - [PDF 21pp. 711Kb]
* Gist of Emergency Medicine - by Michael O. Hebb was written for oral board candidates, practicing physicians, residents, interns and medical students. It is meant to compliment standard texts and oral board courses. It is also designed to refresh and reinforce the trouble-shooting synapses (prn) of the emergency room physician and as a brief reference in the ER.
* H.M.D. Sked Instruction - Online training manual. [PDF]
* Half-Sked Patient Drag Instruction - Online training manual. [PDF]
* Handbook ER medicine - Mark A. Graber, MD, Departments of Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine, University of Iowa College of Medicine.
* Handbook of Trauma Care (6th edition): The Liverpool Hospital Trauma Manual - The intent of this manual is to provide users with a solid, consistent and practical approach to managing severely injured patients. No two patients present with the same clinical findings and injuries and it can be difficult to generalize rules to cover all clinical settings, however, the principles set out in this Handbook are safe and will guide the user appropriately.
* Harrisons Online - Harrisons Principles of Internal Medicine, an updated medical database that delivers the high-quality information synonymous with the Harrisons name with the immediacy that only the online environment can provide. Harrisons Online cuts through the glut of online medical information to give you relevant, current, and practical information that will help you diagnose and manage your next case.
* Hazardous Materials Guide for First Responders - This online book provides important information for the initial response to both transportation and fixed facility incidents with a maximum amount of useful key information in a limited amount of space.
* Helicopter Tagline Kit Instruction, Skedco [PDF]
* Hewlett Packard Codemaster XL Defibrillator - On-line Operator Manual
* HyperTox - Provides information in Clinical Toxicology. The site is designed for emergency ward management, undergraduate and postgraduate teaching of clinical toxicology. It includes self test and interactive clinical cases.
* Intensive Care Unit Manual - Royal Adelaide Hospital. The Unit Manual is updated annually and is designed as a guide for resident staff and consultants alike. [PDF and Zip Versions Available 200 pp.]
* Knot Tying Manual - Suture tying. Ethicon, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson Company. [PDF 1.04Mb 49pp]
* Lifepak 20 Biphasic Defibrillator - Online Operator Manual
* Lifepak 12 Biphasic Defibrillator - Online Operator Manual
* Lifepak 500 Automated Defibrillator - Online Operator Manual
* Long Spine Board Manual - Online training manual for using the Neann Long Spine Board
M - O
* Medical Notes for Urgent Care Medicine - American College of Emergency Physicians [PDF 50pp. 76Kb]
* Medtronic 5388 Pacemaker - Online Operator Manual
* Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy Seventeenth Edition - The Merck Manual is celebrating its centenary with the publication of the 17th Edition. The Merck Manual is used by more medical professionals worldwide than any other general medical textbook and has been continuously published longer than any other English language general medical textbook. The new 17th Edition on this web site free of charge for your unlimited use.
* Merck Manual of Medical Information Home Edition - The Merck Manual of Medical Information--Home Edition was published for the first time in September 1997. This edition uses everyday language to present information about diseases, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment. To search the sections of The Home Edition that are currently online, please use the general site-wide search facility at the top of the page.
* Merck Manual, 17th Edition (1999), Section 19: Pediatrics - An illustrated, searchable textbook of medicine, published in 1999, available for free. The Pediatrics section includes 21 chapters including: Health Management in Normal Newborns, Infants, and Children; Gastrointestinal Disorders; Fluid and Electrolyte Disorders in Infants and Children; Congenital Anomalies; Child Abuse and Neglect; Physical Conditions in Adolescence; and Childhood Infections. Other features of the site include a medical quiz and consumer health information from the Merck Manual Home Edition.
* Medicine Residency Programs - This curriculum is provided for the training of emergency medicine residents in EMS.
* Military Medicine, in The Prehospital Trauma Life Support Manual - Tactical Combat Casualty Care. Prehospital Care in the Tactical Environment. The Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care, Fifth Edition [PDF 52pp. 700Kb]
* Model Curriculum in Emergency Medical Services for Emergency Model of the Clinical Practice of Emergency Medicine
* NAEMSP Model Pediatric Protocols - This publication documents developing field treatment protocols for children. It presents selected protocols following a comprehensive review of more than 250 representative protocols that were collected from a national sample. The selected protocols represent optimal treatment practices that comply with accepted national standards, such as those found in the EMT-Basic and EMT-Paramedic National Standard Curricula [PDF]
* NIOSH Pocket Guide To Chemical Hazards, NPG - Is intended as a source of general industrial hygiene on several hundred chemicals/classes for workers, employers, and occupational health professionals. The Pocket Guide presents key information and data in abbreviated or tabular form for 677 chemicals or substance groupings that are found in the work environment. The information found in the NPG should help users recognize and control occupational chemical hazards. View it on-line at the above address or Download zip file (1.25mb)
* NPAT GP Emergency Guidelines (Orange Book) - These guidelines have been produced on behalf of the National Patients' Access Team by Oriana Dwight and Joe Collier of St George's Hospital Medical School. They are intended to provide advice for clinicians involved in the management of common medical emergencies presenting in primary care.
* Operational Obstetrics & Gynecology, U.S. Navy - A manual designed to assist those who treat women with gynecologic problems and offer guidance for the continuing care of these women, particularly in isolated settings where gynecologic consultation is not readily available.
* Office Preparedness for Pediatric Emergencies Instructor Manual - Duke University Medical Center, Emergency Medical Services for Children [PDF]
* Office Preparedness for Pediatric Emergencies Provider Manual - Duke University Medical Center, Emergency Medical Services for Children [PDF]
* Oregon Spine Splint II Instruction - Online training manual. [PDF]
P - S
* Paramedic TRIPP - Teaching Resource for Instructors in Prehospital Pediatrics. Available for free download - This 1450-page encyclopedic publication integrates extensive information about ALS prehospital assessment and treatment of pediatric patients with teaching tips, case scenarios, illustrations, task analyses, and student handouts.
* Pediatric Airway Disease - A multimedia textbook on upper airway problems in children. The typical presentation and differential diagnosis is given for each disease and the evaluation process is outlined, as are possible complications and treatment options.
* Pediatric Emergency Manual - This manual was developed for use by pediatric house staff as a pocket-sized guide to the stabilization of potentially ill children. It is not a policy manual, but offers the developing physician one reasonable framework upon which knowledge and practice may be built.
* Pediatric Emergency Manual: Poisonings - Review the general management of poisoning emergencies and get specifics on how to handle acetaminophen, aspirin, caustics, cyclic antidepressant, hydrocarbons, iron and lead poisoning situations from the Virtual Naval Hospital.
* Pediatric Mass Casualty Incident Manual: Chemical Exposure - For Use With the Broselow Pediatric Resuscitation Tape (March 2003). Duke University Medical Center, Emergency Medical Services for Children [PDF]
* Pediatric Prehospital Care - This textbook provides pediatric training for all providers, extending beyond traditional Department of Transportation material. Developed by Brady in conjunction with the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT), the text's approach links the process of assessment directly to treatment, illustrating common scenarios with a mix of case studies, key points, and task analyses.
* Pharmacology for the EMS Provider - Beck
* Prevention and Medical Management Laser Injuries - Field Manual 8-50, Department of the Army
* Principles of Advanced Trauma Care - Michael Hubble, Johnsie Hubble; Delmar Learning - [PDF 25pp. 1.13Mb]
* Principles of Patient Assessment in EMS - A comprehensive and dynamic guide providing the foundation needed to master critical assessment skills. The online companion to Principles of Patient Assessment in EMS offers Power Point presentations for instructor's to use to supplement lectures and for students to use as a study tool. Delmar Learning
* Rescue Hauler Instruction, Skedco - Online training manual. [PDF]
* Rescue Manual Information for Rescue Services 2003 - [PDF]
* Rope Rescue Standard - Online training manual. New Zealand Land Search and Rescue Incorporated [PDF 20pp. 530KB]
* Scene Assessment and Personal Safety - [PDF 30pp. 134Kb]
* Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome, SARS - A medical textbook that provides a comprehensive and up-to-date overview of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). The Reference will be updated every month for the duration of the epidemic.
* Sims HL90 Fluid Warmer - Online Operator Manual
* Sims Level 1 Rapid Infuser - Online Operator Manual
* Sked Evac Tripod Instruction - Online training manual. [PDF]
* Sked Flotation Instruction - Online training manual. [PDF]
* Sked Stretcher Instruction - Online training manual. [PDF]
* Snake Bite Protocol Index - T.M. Davidson, Division of Otolaryngology/ENT, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Diego Medical Center Multimedia Tutorials (Text & Images). Includes: Immediate First Aid; Summary for Human Bite & Medical Management.
* Sprains and Strains - The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases information about sprains and strains, which are both very common injuries. Individual sections describe what sprains and strains are, where they usually occur, what their signs and symptoms are, how they are treated, and how they can be prevented.
* Standard First Aid Course - Department of the Navy, Bureau of Medicine and Surgery
* Surgical Emergencies in Obstetrics and Gynecology - U.S. Navy
T - Z
* Textbook of Adult and Pediatric Emergency Medicine - edited by Gideon Bosker, MD, FACEP, Editor-in-Chief of Emergency Medicine Reports
* The Basics of Safety: Chapter 13 - Third Edition of The Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons Complete Home Medical Guide [PDF 11pp. 88Kb]
* The Merck Index, Thirteenth Edition - Provides data and descriptions of chemicals, drugs, and biologicals. The book contains over 10,000 monographs; subject matter includes human and veterinary drugs, biologicals and natural products, agricultural chemicals, industrial and laboratory chemicals, and environmentally significant compounds.
* The Textbook of Primary and Acute Care Medicine - edited by Gideon Bosker, MD, FACEP, Editor-in-Chief of Emergency Medicine Reports.
* Tools for Evaluating the Metropolitan Medical Response System Program - Phase I Report (2001, 64 pp.) Frederick J. Manning and Lewis Goldfrank, Editors, Committee on Evaluation of the Metropolitan Medical Response Program, Board on Health Sciences Policy, Institute of Medicine
* Trauma Handbook 5th Edition, 1994 - Liverpool Hospital Department of Trauma Services
* Trauma Management During Major Incident Response - [PDF 20pp. 121Kb]
* Trauma Performance Improvement: A Reference Manual - American College of Surgeons [1400kb PDF]
* U.S. Navy Diving Manual - Naval Sea Systems Command
* VUMC Burn Center Care Manual in PDF Format - For emergency professionals, the online Burn Manual will prove to be a valuable tool.
* VUMC Burn Center Protocols in PDF Format
* VUMC Wound Care Burn Manual - Dee Resha RN BSN LNC
* Wheeless' Textbook of Orthopedics - Organized alphabetically by topic. Includes additional menus for fractures, joints, muscles, nerves, trauma, medications, and lab tests. A search engine allows you to use several specific search terms to narrow your search.
* Wilderness and Travel Medicine - eMedicine
* Wilderness Emergencies - eMedicine
* Wilderness Field Protocols - These protocols have been developed for use by appropriately trained individuals that regularly work in remote environments. They are based on the principles taught by Wilderness Medical Associates in Wilderness Advanced Life Support, Wilderness EMT, Wilderness First Responder, Wilderness Advances First Aid and Wilderness First Aid Courses. [PDF]
* Withholding and Withdrawing Life-Prolonging Medical Treatment: Guidance for Decision Making - This guidance attempts to document the type of factors which should be taken into account, the process which should be followed and the safeguards which should be in place to ensure that these decisions, and decisions to withhold or withdraw other life-prolonging treatments, are made appropriately. British Medical Association
* World Wide Wounds - Peer reviewed electronic journal of wound management practice for professionals. Includes information on wound care, wounds, and dressings
* Zoll M-Series Defibrillator - On-line Operator Manual
* Zoll NTP 1000 Pacemaker - On-line Operator Manual
* Zoll PD 1200 Defibrillator - On-line Operator Manual
* Zoll PD 1400 Defibrillator - On-line Operator Manual
Disaster Medicine and Toxic Exposure
Catastrophic events, and injuries associated with large-scale natural disasters, mass trauma events, warfare, terrorist attacks and biological, chemical or nuclear agent exposures.
* A Mass Casualty Care Strategy for Biological Terrorism Incidents - Department of Defense
* Acute Exposure Guideline: Standing Operating Procedures for Developing Acute Exposure Guideline Levels for Hazardous Chemicals - Subcommittee on Acute Exposure Guideline Levels, Committee on Toxicology, Board on Environmental Studies and Toxicology, National Research Council (2001, 224 pp.)
* Acute Exposure Guideline Levels for Selected Airborne Chemicals: Volume 1 - Subcommittee on Acute Exposure Guideline Levels, Committee on Toxicology, Board on Environmental Studies and Toxicology, National Research Council (2001, 220 pp.)
* American Red Cross Disaster Guide
* American Red Cross Disaster Training Resource Guide
* Background on Chemical Warfare - Mitretek Systems Multimedia Databases (Text & Images). Some examples of online database include:
1. Chemistry of Lethal Chemical Warfare (CW) Agents
2. Chemistry of other Military Compounds
3. Chemistry of Arsenical Irritants
4. Psychogenic Agents
5. Toxicity and Effects of Chemical Warfare Agents
* Bad Bug Book: FDA - This handbook provides basic facts regarding food borne pathogenic microorganisms and natural toxins. Some technical terms have been linked to the National Library of Medicine's Entrez glossary. Currently includes: Pathogenic Bacteria, Parasitic Protozoa and Worms, Viruses, Natural Toxin and Appendices.
* Casualty to Patient: Decontamination Line Set-Up for Hospitals - Louisiana National Guard
* Defense Against Toxin Weapons - D.R. Franz, Veterinary Corps, U.S. Army and hosted by the Nuclear Biological and Chemical Medical (NBC-Med) Information Server, Designed & Maintained for the DOD by the Camber Corporation "The purpose of this manual is to provide basic information on biological toxins to military leaders and health-care providers at all levels to help them make informed decisions..."
* Diagnosis and Treatment of Acute Poisoning - EGORA, France Telecom, France Multimedia Databases (Text and Images). French and English.
* Disaster Management Central - Wilford Hall Medical Center, 59th Medical Wing, Lackland Air Force Base, USAF Includes: Triage of Mass Casualty Situations, Interactive Triage Cases, Medicine and Terrorism and much more
1. Interactive Triage Cases (Terrorist Explosions)
2. Terrorism Injuries
3. Triage of Mass Casualty Situations
* Disaster Response: Principles of Preparation and Coordination. By Erik Auf der Heide. Online version of book.
* Facing the Unexpected: Disaster Preparedness and Response in the United States - National Academy Press, 2001
* Field Management Of Chemical Casualties Handbook - U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Chemical Defense (USAMRICD), Virtual Naval Hospital
* Guidelines for Cold Weather Mass Decontamination During a Terrorist Chemical Agent Incident - USASBCCOM. January 2002.
* Guidelines for Mass Casualty Decontamination During a Terrorist Chemical Agent Incident - January 2000. USASBCCOM
* Handbook on the Medical Aspects of NBC Defense Operations FM 8-9 Part III - Chemical
* Health Service Support in a NBC Environment FM 8-10-7
* Hypertox - Provides information in Clinical Toxicology. The site is designed for emergency ward management, undergraduate and postgraduate teaching of clinical toxicology. It includes self test and interactive clinical cases.
* Mass Casualty Response: 'Workbook for EMS Responders in Alaska' - The purpose of this manual is to encourage EMS personnel to consider how they would respond to a variety of multiple casualty/disaster situations. It is not intended to be a reference manual for responders, nor was it designed as an encyclopedia of disaster resources. The manual assumes you are capable of evaluating and treating patients in accordance with your level of training and certification. Because this manual is intended to assist you in managing resources and not teach basic patient care, only very basic information about the conditions of patients is provided. - Section of Community Health and EMS, Division of Public Health, Department of Health and Social Services [PDF 40pp. 96Kb]
* Medical Evacuation in a Theater of Operations: Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures - Field Manual 8-10-6, Department of the Army [PDF 7,437KB]
* Medical Management of Biological Casualties Handbook - USAMRIID's Blue Book, The U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases. Fourth Edition February 2001 [PDF 134pp. 370Kb]
o Palm OS Version - is designed for Palm Pilot users to download to their handheld units. The "Read.me" file contains user instructions. [145 Kb]
o MS Word version - is designed for the user to download, printout, and place in a 3-ring binder. [1.69 Mb]
o MS Word Version (with hyperlinks) - is designed for the user who wants to be able to quickly navigate thru the handbook on their computer screen using the hyperlink capability. Recommend this version for Hospital ER's or for Notebook computer users who want the handbook stored on their hard drive. [1.65 Mb)]
* Medical Management of Chemical Casualties Handbook (3rd edition) - United States Army Medical Research Institute of Chemical Defense, Department of the Army, Department of Defense
* Medical Management of Radiation Casualties - AFRRI, 2nd Ed., 2003.
* Medical Management of Radiological Casualties - Virtual Naval Hospital
* Preparing for Terrorism: Tools for Evaluating the Metropolitan Medical Response System Program (2002, 332 pp.) Frederick J. Manning and Lewis Goldfrank, Editors, Committee on Evaluation of the Metropolitan Medical Response System Program, Board on Health Sciences Policy
* Recognition and Management of Pesticide Poisonings, 5th Edition - The new edition covers about 1,500 pesticide products in an easy-to-use format. Toxicology, signs and symptoms of poisoning, and treatment are covered in 19 chapters on major types of pesticides. The new edition covers new pesticide products that have come on the market since 1989, includes a new chapter on disinfectants, reviews clinical experiences with pesticide poisonings, and contains detailed references. [895 KB, PDF] (Spanish Version) EPA's Office of Pesticide Programs.
* Suggested Guidance for Supervisors at Disaster Rescue Sites - CDC / NIOSH
* Textbook of Military Medicine: Medical Aspects of Chemical & Biological Warfare - Borden Institute, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington DC, 1997. Main military text concerning chemical and biological weapons.
* The Need for Emergency Preparedness - New York State Disaster Preparedness Commission
* Treatment of Biological Warfare Casualties - Field Manual 8-284, Department of the Army [PDF 1,559KB]
* Treatment of Chemical Agent Casualties
Tools for survival in this insane world as an individual, a family, or a community. Ideas to share that work. Products to buy that empower us.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest