How 2B a NARC - Is there a meth lab next door? A few tipoffs

Horror stories of Police State abuse,Incarcerated Americans, UnConstitutional Drug laws infringing on millions of Americans Rights, Action to overturn illegal laws and statutes
pokerkid
Site Admin

How 2B a NARC - Is there a meth lab next door? A few tipoffs

Post#1 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:20 am

Is there a meth lab next door? A few tipoffs

Category: News & Opinion (General) Topic: Culture & Society
Synopsis: Watch out, because the explosion you prevent could be the house across form yours
Source: The Enquirer
ttp://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070804/EDIT02/708040328/1090/EDIT
Published: August 4, 2007 Author: GARRY EDMONDSON
For Education and Discussion Only. Not for Commercial Use.

Many people have read the headlines, heard the news reports and viewed the posters that describe the devastating effects of methamphetamine abuse.

Meth, without a doubt, is a danger to those who use it. However, those who have never touched or even seen the drug may be in danger if they live near a meth lab.

Because of the explosive nature of the materials used to make meth, surrounding homes and property are in danger.

Many people may be unaware that they're living near a meth lab. Meth labs have been found in trailers, barns, houses, apartments, campers, motel rooms and even in the backs of pickups. Part of the reason meth is so prevalent is because the ingredients to make it are common and the equipment for a meth lab is small enough to fit in a suitcase or in the trunk of a car.

Many people may not even know that a meth lab could be operating next door.

Following are some signs that may indicate a meth lab is nearby, particularly if multiple indicators are observed:

Lots of traffic - people coming and going at unusual times. There may be little traffic during the day, but at night, the activity increases dramatically. Visits probably are short in duration.

Windows blacked out or covered by aluminum foil, plywood, sheets, blankets, etc.

Secretive/protected area surrounding the residence (including video cameras, alarm systems, guard dogs, reinforced doors or electrified fencing).

Persons exiting the structure to smoke.

Unusual, strong odors (like cat urine, ether, ammonia, acetone or other chemicals).

Renters who pay their landlords in cash. (Most drug dealers trade exclusively in cash.)

Excessive trash, including large amounts of items such as: antifreeze containers, lantern fuel cans, red chemically stained coffee filters, drain cleaner and duct tape.

Unusual amounts of clear glass containers being brought into the home.

Little or no mail, furniture, visible trash or newspaper delivery.

Kentucky lawmakers have passed bills to help curb the manufacture of meth, but community involvement in finding meth labs is crucial.

Anyone who suspects a meth lab is nearby should never enter the property to verify suspicions. The police should be notified immediately. Those trained in detecting and dismantling meth labs are best able to protect surrounding people and property from explosion.

Garry Edmondson is Kenton County [KY] attorney. E-mail him at gledmond@aol.com

Edited by Graves on 08/04/07 05:55 AM.

Reply | Private Reply | Flag | First | Last | Context Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Email Post Notify Moderator
Dunrobin
(extremist)
08/04/07 08:58 AM
Re: Is there a meth lab next door? A few tipoffs [ To: Graves | Post 295661272, reply to 295661187 ] (Score: 2)

Flag to: Liberty_Burning, HappyPant, Effendi, dominique, sushi_girl, GreyLmist, D_Joyce, NOLAJBS, Uberswank, JRadcliffe, AdaC, MadHatter, SonOfLiberty, dean_saor, NowhereMan, pokerkidz, Earth_AD, CubicleGuy, BikerNina

Oh my God - I'm running a meth lab myself, and I didn't even know it!

Lots of traffic - people coming and going at unusual times. There may be little traffic during the day, but at night, the activity increases dramatically. Visits probably are short in duration.

Damn in-laws won't stay away. They drop in here all the blasted time - especially at night, when I'm trying to relax.

Windows blacked out or covered by aluminum foil, plywood, sheets, blankets, etc.

Of course, it my case it's curtains and window blinds being closed most of the time, since I don't like the sun beating through the windows when it's hot out. When I was young, though, blankets made for a handy substitute in my first "bachelor pad." (Didn't have a lot of furniture either back then, which they warn us about below.)

Secretive/protected area surrounding the residence (including video cameras, alarm systems, guard dogs, reinforced doors or electrified fencing).

Well, this one doesn't really include me, except maybe for the dogs, but I wonder if the security places that advertise on the TV all the time know about this? People who protect themselves against "burglars" are probably secretly running meth labs!

Persons exiting the structure to smoke.

Umm... this is coming from the people who force others to go outside to smoke? Does anyone else see a non sequitur here?

Unusual, strong odors (like cat urine, ether, ammonia, acetone or other chemicals).

Better stay away our barn then - it can get pretty stinky occasionally, when the kids try to shirk their duty to keep it cleaned out. (Kids being kids, we have to keep after them about it.)

Renters who pay their landlords in cash. (Most drug dealers trade exclusively in cash.)

Crap. I pay everyone in cash. I don't trust banks and refuse to use them. I don't believe in "credit" cards, either.

Excessive trash, including large amounts of items such as: antifreeze containers, lantern fuel cans, red chemically stained coffee filters, drain cleaner and duct tape.

Are there people living in the country ho don't have those kinds of things around? And I thought we were supposed to stock up on duct tape? Fatherland Security told us to!

Unusual amounts of clear glass containers being brought into the home.

Hmm... maybe we had better stop canning our produce from the gardens. Those damn Mason jars might get us into trouble.

Little or no mail, furniture, visible trash or newspaper delivery.

I haven't subscribed to a newspaper for years, and do all my correspondence through email. (At least we do get utility bills and junk mail.) My trash is only "visible" for maybe an hour - if that - before the truck comes around to collect it. Fortunately we do have furniture.

Quote:Anyone who suspects a meth lab is nearby should never enter the property to verify suspicions. The police should be notified immediately. Those trained in detecting and dismantling meth labs are best able to protect surrounding people and property from explosion.

Does any happen to know how many meth labs have exploded? I'm sure there must be some, but I can't recall hearing or reading news reports about them. What are the odds of that actually happening?

This sounds like just another scare tactic excuse to encourage Americans to become stasi agents, spying on their neighbors.