Build your own Tesla Coil

Anything that can help free yourself from the grid...
Solar, Wind, Water, Free Energy
PokerBass
Acolyte

Build your own Tesla Coil

Post#1 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:28 pm

I remember being a kid and going to the Edmund Scientific location in NJ. This is just a short distance from Philly and Camden, NJ. My mom's 2nd husband was fascinated with the tech toys they had there. I don't remember alot of the things they had, but, I definitely remember his excitement.

d

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How To Build Your Own Miniature Tesla Coil

The 1967 edition of Science & Mechanics Annual, entitled the Science Experimenter, contains detailed assembly instruction for building your own miniature Tesla coil. In spite of its diminutive size the project nonetheless is still capable of producing 60,000 volts of power at 500,000 cycles per second, and all entirely harmless.

Author Harold P. Strand explains how, in spite of the extreme levels of current produced, because of its high frequency the output of voltage travels over any conductive surface. This applies also to the body's skin and ensures that the current flows to a suitable ground source while at the same time avoiding injury or even death.

When the Science Experimenter was issued, some 33 years ago, it was possible in those days to purchase an assembled Tesla-coil model directly from Edmund Scientific, of Barrington, NJ. They offered a 15,000 volt model (Cat. #70,301) for $44 ppd. It came with an instruction book featuring 21 experiments. G - fs

Click on thumbnail images for enlarged picture - lengthy download times may apply

Click on thumbnail images for enlarged picture - lengthy download times may apply

Return to World Mysteries Index