Kweevak Reviews PokerFace – MIA/SLP

Post anything thoughts/comments you may have related to our music. We have four discs out; Made In America, Sex lies and Politiks, Next!, and Game of love. We would love to hear from you....
pokerkid
Site Admin

Kweevak Reviews PokerFace – MIA/SLP

Post#1 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:17 am

POKER FACE – MADE IN AMERICA/SEX LIES & POLITIKS:
http://www.kweevak.com/rd_cd_reviews.htm

Poker Face is a quartet based out of Allentown, Pennsylvania. Paul Topete plays both acoustic and electric guitars as well as keys. Brett Griffiths takes lead guitar to a whole new level playing an array of styles ranging from jazz to rock. Dennis Beidler on bass and Richie Valentin on drums provide powerful rhythms. All are strong players and singers allowing opportunities for four part harmonies that enhance their dynamic music. The members of Poker Face are patriots blending alternative, classic and modern rock music into hard-hitting, thought provoking songs. Poker Face's instrumentation is often heavy and so is their subject matter. Poker Face pens songs about faith and politics. Besides potent, diverse songs, both CDs have interactive elements that can be viewed on a computer. The liner notes also include additional information and lyrics. Made In America and Sex, Lies & Politiks are commanding records with solid rock anthems and poignant melodies. Both CDs were impressive. Standout tracks on Made In America include 'Kontrol' both in English and Spanish, 'I Wanna Know' and the electric and acoustic versions of 'Prayer For America'. Sex, Lies & Politiks features the insightful 'Illuminati' and 'Rather Die Than Be Your Slave' and the soulful, soaring 'Jordan' and 'Because of You'. Poker Face, hands down are Christian, political messengers making music that is masterful and meaningful!
• Recommended Tracks: (MIA 1,2,7,11,12 and SL&F 1,5,9,10) [USA/PA 2000 - web] (Review by Laura Turner Lynch for Kweevak.com)

hangman
Acolyte

Post#2 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:19 pm

I think she liked it. Of course she doesn't mention the anger that I note from some of the songs. But, hey, she was trying not to scare anyone, perhaps.

Return to “AnythingMusic ..... about Face”