Another Libertarian discovers Poker Face

Post anything thoughts/comments you may have related to our music. We have four discs out; Made In America, Sex lies and Politiks, Next!, and Game of love. We would love to hear from you....
pokerkid
Site Admin

Another Libertarian discovers Poker Face

Post#1 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:29 am

http://www.libertarianactivism.com/blog/

Tuesday, October 25, 2005
New Feature: Freedom Bands!

Just yesterday, I found out about a cool new (old?) band called Poker Face. They are a hard rock band that is very libertarian in some ways. Their songs have a lot to do with love and standing up for your rights. Musically speaking, the guitar rifts are hard core yet melodious somehow, and other insturments, like pianos and woodwinds, come in during various songs. Another cool thing about this band, unlike many modern heavy metal goups out there, is that you can actually *understand* what the helvetica they're saying on a somewhat regular basis! At least I think that's a plus- Can't speak for all those Saliva, etc. fans out there though... It's not my fault they're not cultured enough right? :D

As I'm typing this, I realized that I have albums from several different bands that one could consider "protest rock" or whatever you want to call it. I really like this stuff, and the bands I'm thinking of all have great music as well as great lyrical messages. Ergo, I'll code up a page here listing some of the best ones with links to their official websites.

Finally, just as a note, stay tuned for yet another important privacy/anonymity resource, and also some little-known counter-intelegence/government intel agency info. You'll have to be the judge of their quality, but some of these documents at least appear to have been suppressed and made to "mysteriously" dissappear, as if by magic! Like I said, stay tuned. Our social networking people have been putting in overtime on this so it will hopefully be worthwile to you all.

posted by: The Phoenix of Light @ 10/25/2005 02:31:00 PM 0 Comments. Links to this post.

Return to “AnythingMusic ..... about Face”