Knob Creek

Post anything thoughts/comments you may have related to our music. We have four discs out; Made In America, Sex lies and Politiks, Next!, and Game of love. We would love to hear from you....
SatanSlayer72
Acolyte

Knob Creek

Post#1 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:07 am

Hey, what's up?

I tried to post a thread on this in the "General" section, yesterday morning, but, due to the technical glitch described by one-network, that post was "lost in cyberspace", so to speak. :(

At any rate, I was glad to find out that the problem was on your end, and has been corrected. 8) I had about come to the conclusion that, in the process of installing the CD burner I got for my birthday, I had fucked something up on my computer. :?

The question is, do you guys still play the Knob Creek event twice a year, and, if so, what weekend is it on this year? Because, if it hasn't already happened, I plan to attend. :)

Post to this thread or send me a PM, whichever you prefer. Thanks.

pokerkid
Site Admin

We are playing this weekend SS October 8-10

Post#2 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:43 am

We will be there friday afternoon to set up camp and will play at least 2 shows before each of the night shoots on saturday. starting usually 6pm sat.

try to make it out
pk

SatanSlayer72
Acolyte

Cool!

Post#3 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:32 pm

8)

I'm pretty sure I've got enough money saved up to make the trip. (Over $130.)

Is there still a website where I can get more info and directions? I tried www.knobcreekmachinegunshoot.com, www.knobcreekmachinegunshoot.org, and www.knobcreekmachinegunshoot.net, but none of them were right. :?

pokerkid
Site Admin

try this link out SS

Post#4 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:22 pm

lawman
Patriot

Machine Guns are great...

Post#5 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:53 pm

When shooting them with Michelle...

lawman

SatanSlayer72
Acolyte

Re: try this link out SS

Post#6 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:22 pm

pokerkid wrote:http://www.machinegunshoot.com

I went there and found out a few more details. Think I'll be able to swing it, money-wise. 8)

I tried to send them an e-mail, but the damn thing bounced back. :?

The main thing I need to know, in terms of getting some decent directions, via Mapquest, is whether the street address listed on the site is where the thing really is. Or do I enter in "Knob Creek" as the town, instead of West Point?

pokerkid
Site Admin

hmnm dont really know the raods names

Post#7 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:38 am

we have been there so many times that we just know it from history. What i do know is that we come infromthe west side i think it is highway 30

hope that jelps. Once you get near the area, everyone knows about it and where it is, so ask questions as you get near there.
peace
paul

SatanSlayer72
Acolyte

One Last Question.....

Post#8 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:02 pm

When they talk about camping, I'm assuming that means pitching a tent instead of the RV thing. Do they have tents already set up there, or do you have to bring your own?

The answer to that question will determine whether I stay there or at a motel, because I don't have a tent, and wouldn't know how to put one up, even if I did. :(

pokerkid
Site Admin

Its more like bring your own

Post#9 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:24 pm

Nothing is provided except the space where you set your tent up.
There are RVs and Tents everywhere.
We will be in the PF Rv.. Off the ground and out of the cold. DOesnt do too well for singing the next day when you have been in the cold.
Peace
pk

SatanSlayer72
Acolyte

This year?

Post#10 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:17 pm

I'm assuming you'll be playing there this year, as usual? :?

If so, I need to know which night or nights you will be playing. They say this year it's a three-day event, instead of just two days, so I thought the schedule might be different. (Then again, I suppose it might've always been three days, and I just didn't notice. Who knows. :? )

This year, I figured I would just come up the day when you guys are playing, stay the night at Little Biff's, and go back the next day, since the actual shoot part is the same both nights. No sense in paying to see it twice. It would also make it a LOT easier for me, financially, what with gas prices through the roof the way they are now. Hopefully, this time I'll be able to make the trip on only $80 or so, not counting the cost of the three CDs I plan to buy this time, rather than the $144 it cost me last time. (Thank God for Little Biff's!!! :mrgreen: If it wasn't for them, I never would've made it. By the time I'd paid for gas up there and back, admission for both nights, [and, for all the good that first night's ticket did me, I may as well have just set fire to the $10 they charged. :x ] two meals, several candy bars, and at least eight or twelve Sprites, I only had about forty or fifty cents left to my name. If I'd had to pay the usual $60 to $70 a night motel fares, instead of the $30 a night that Little Biff's charges, I'd have been S.O.L. . :shock: :lol: When I told my Mom about it, she was shocked---not only to find out that they only charged me $30 a night, but also the very fact that the motel was still owned by NATIVE-BORN AMERICANS, instead of those money-grubbing dotheads that seem to be buying them all up nowadays. :) ) But, even if it comes to a little more than that, by next weekend, I should be able to handle it. (Just got through spending $60 of my birthday money, so it'll take a little while to build the funds back up. :wink: Glad it's not this weekend, or I'd be screwed.)

Last year, based on what you told me, I got the impression that, if I came up on Friday, we might be able to hang out for awhile. But, when I got there, they told me you guys hadn't arrived yet, and that only campers were allowed back in the RV area. :? I basically spent $10 that night just to wander around the place, looking like a dumbass. :( Guess sometimes you have to learn by experience. :wink: At least I found out where the place was, so that I had an easy time finding it the next night. Once I found out that you guys weren't there, I went on to Little Biff's, checked in, watched the second presidential debate on TV, and picked up a pizza over at the local Papa John's.

I didn't let it ruin my night, though. :) Frankly, I was glad just to have made it up there in one piece. :wink: Nobody in my family seemed to think I could pull it off. They either thought the 17-year-old car I was driving would give out on me before I got halfway there, or, otherwise, that I would get lost, and end up in the middle of somebody's marijuana field, staring down the barrel of a sawed-off shotgun, or whatever that particular farmer might have to point at me, to scare me off. But I showed 'em. :mrgreen:

I've got a different car now. I totalled that one last December, when a deer ran in front of it. :? The one I've got now is in a lot better shape. It's only 12 years old, and was taken very good care of by the previous owner. When I've got it shined up real nice, it could pass for fresh out of the showroom. :)

Oh, btw, I didn't intentionally snub Dennis in that gas station. I just wasn't expecting to see a PokerDude in there, and I didn't recognize him from behind. Even when he turned around and looked straight at me, I still didn't flash on who he was. He was wearing different clothes by this time, and it just didn't register. It wasn't until he was halfway to the door that I was able to make out the words "MADE IN AMERICA" scrawled across the back of that blue t-shirt, and then I thought: "Oh, shit!" "That's Dennis!!!" "Now he'll be wondering why I didn't recognize him before now, and I won't have anything intelligent to say in my own defense." "Just have to plead temporary insanity, I guess." :lol: By this time, I had a choice of either yelling out something lame, like "Have a good trip back!" or just letting the whole thing slide, and because I didn't want to show my ignorance, I chose the latter. :wink:

And you damn near ran over me in that RV, too. :) That's why I didn't realize, at the time, that you were actually yelling to me instead of just yelling: "Get out of the way, ya dumbass!!!" or something like that. I had thought that I heard one of you yelling my name, at least once, but then I thought, "Nah, nobody up here knows me from Adam." The moment I saw that RV, I actually thought: "Wouldn't it be cool if that turned out to be the PokerDudes, turning in to get some gas before they head back to Pennsylvania?" And then I thought: "Yeah, right." "Like that's gonna happen." Out of all the RVs of all the people that come up there every year, it just didn't seem too likely that that would be yours. The odds just seemed too much against it. But, strangely enough, it turned out to be the case. :o

I had just come from that station, getting a couple of dollars bills changed to quarters for the Coke machine at the motel, and, much to my chagrin, found that the damn thing had run out of Sprites, and so, a few minutes later, I went back to the station to pick some up there. When I saw Dennis standing in line, I didn't think anything about it. You know how it is. When you're standing in line, all you're thinking about is how much you wish the dipshit standing in front of you would hurry up and check out, so you can do the same, and get the hell on out of there. When I saw Dennis in his go-to-hell hat, and when he turned around and grinned, and I saw the silver tooth, I thought, "Damn, that's a seedy-looking character." "Wonder if he's a local?" :lol: Then, just as he was turning to walk away, the thought crossed my mind that he sorta looked like James Hetfield of Metallica. Then I thought, "Hey, wait a minute....." and that's when it finally dawned on me who he was. And that you guys were yelling my name from the RV. By the time I had put the whole thing together in my mind, I guess you were probably turning back onto the highway, heading towards Cincinatti (sp?).

Anyway, let me know which night you're gonna be playing, and at about what time you think you'll be hitting the stage, so I can figure out what time I'll need to leave here. I found out that the trip back took me exactly four hours and twenty-two minutes, so I'll tack an extra hour onto that, just in case there's construction on the Interstate, and it slows me down. And, whatever time you guys go on stage, I'll try to time it so that I arrive in Valley Station about an hour before that, so I can go ahead and check in at Little Biff's, and maybe get a couple of burgers at the Dairy Queen before I head out that way. 8)

Thanks in advance.---Your friend, Charlie.

pokerkid
Site Admin

whats up SS

Post#11 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:12 pm

This years FALL Shoot 2005 is OCT 14th-16th

we will be leaving friday am from pa and getting there late afternoon early evening friday night.

we will be playing saturday night of the 3 day shoot fri-sun its always been a three day weekend since we have been involved,

so come over by the stage area where we set up and we can chat then. before is always better then after the gig because we are always ruchind to get things packed as the day light leaves us.

we'll see you down there.
peace
pk

SatanSlayer72
Acolyte

One More Question.....

Post#12 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:38 pm

8)

So, if you'll be starting the first set around 6pm, that means you'll probably start setting up around 5pm, as I figure it probably takes about an hour to get all your gear set up. :? Then I should time it so that I get there around 4pm, which means I should leave here around 11:35am. Cool. :)

One more thing: I've got a camcorder now, and I was thinking about bringing it with me and filming your performance and the shoot. So, I was wondering, #1. Do they allow camcorders in there in the first place? (I kinda think I remember seeing somebody with one last year, but I could be mistaken.) , and, #2. Would it be cool with you guys if I taped your performance?

Let me know.

SatanSlayer72
Acolyte

Post#13 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:06 am

Well, I went back to their site, and found out that they DO allow videotaping, if you pay $5 for a video pass. :)

So that only leaves Question #2. :?

Return to “AnythingMusic ..... about Face”